Wednesday, October 1, 2014

$100 Dollar Word


I have a great father. Maybe a few of you know Craig Chambers? If not you are missing out! Truthfully, one of my life's best and brightest blessings has been his wisdom, love, and care over all 31 of my years. God placed me in his and mom's arms and in doing so gave me the best gift: family. And even now tears of gratitude run down my face for that family - that godly legacy, that eternal inheritance. 

His life journey has had more ups and downs then a roll-a-coaster and lately it has seemed particularly bumpy. But his grace, faith, joy and hope has continued to shine through. I am so proud of him! 

So when I received this email for him this morning I knew I had to share it. It fits right into this blog, this journey towards contentment - and so my Dad becomes my very first guest blogger! 

Here is a little bit of his story: 


"$100 Dollar Word... Wonder what it is??

CONTENTMENT

It's a Big one for sure. I have tried to develop this one in my life for years. But it's not an easy one to get a handle on. I can say that it is not our natural human response. I can even back that up with scripture. 


Check out Phil. 4:11 "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

Even Paul, the guy who wrote half the New Testament said he had to learn contentment. WOW, that puts the rest of us in good company. We all can learn how to be content.

I pray that I have been able to live this lesson out for you to see in your life. Because I've gone from Management to Maintenance, from a Lexus to an old beater, from a country estate to bank repo, from always owning a home to being a homeless renter, from a local job that brings you home every night to an over the road trucker who rarely sleeps in his own bed, from multiple employees to a one man crew, from Vero Beach to no vacations, from plenty to squeaking by, from a savings acct to negative balances... I should stop because my eyes are leaking.

At the end of the day my God is Bigger than all the stuff and things that I have or that I don't have. I am a Blessed man, beyond my Wildest dreams. I can say that in a lot or a little God has provided in amazing ways and continues to this day and moment.

I know that you guys are not exactly where you thought you would be in the Metro DC suburbs. God is in charge of all our best laid plans or no plan. He is at work! He wants the Best for you, as your Momma and I do. Thank you for your attitude of gratitude even when it's not easy to do.


Love you and your Brazilian Bo, praying your upcoming Cruise trip will be filled with Magic moments and Countless GOD sightings!!!

Love, Dad"

No comments:

Post a Comment